Thursday, May 30, 2013

Gardening

At home, in sunny Arizona, I have taken over my whole front yard and it's one big garden. Eventually the back yard will be part of the garden too, right now that is the dogs domain. However I find my self missing my garden right now and we have only been on the road for a week. This is the first time we have gone on a job with my husband. He travels often for work and can be gone for a few days to a few months at a time, so we have decided to go with him. This current job is supposed to be 6 to 8 weeks in Louisiana.

So this is the garden at home:

Plants: watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkins, mint, cilantro, parsley, tomatoes, basil, spinach, okra, corn, green beans, yellow squash, zucchini, grapes, strawberries, green leaf lettuce, chives, oregano, thyme, peppermint, and rosemary. Also marigolds are randomly planted around the garden in hopes to keep the aphids down.

Now for the garden on the road:

Plants: basil, mini bell peppers, and patio tomatoes.
I also have some green leaf started that I hope to get in a planter some time today or tomorrow.

At home there is a huge composting pile but I can't really do that in an RV park, or plant my garden in the ground. So the plants will be in planters, aka old milk jugs, and my composting will be from worms in a bucket.

Here are the happy worms:

It has all just begun, lets see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment