Sunday, June 9, 2013

Why didn't we do this sooner?

For years we have been thinking about getting a trailer and going on the road. YEARS! And now we have finally done it. Tonight as I make dinner, my husband is outside with the kids watching the boy ride bikes with another boy from down the road and I think to myself, life is wonderful and why didn't we do this sooner?

All the reasons that could possibly stop us did. The house that we own (can we really afford both or are we really willing to give up the house?), pets (the dog back home that my dad wanted to stay with him, cause he needed to protect the house), school (kid in school or when I was in college), work (I keep trying to get jobs to help out at home and to pay off my student loans), family (our parents and siblings), ... but isn't our marriage and family just as important? We finally decided it was. We missed each other and decided that something need to change and we needed to spend more time together. That was how we spent our 9 year anniversary and 6 months later we bought a travel trailer, and now we are all on the road for a 2 month job 1,200 miles from home.

There are so many possibilities on where this will take us, but of all those possibilities a closer family with lots of love is where it is starting. And that was the goal :)


No comments:

Post a Comment